Our partner network is your extended team.
After learning about each client’s unique goals, we match the most relevant partners in our network to create highly specialized teams on demand.
Our bi-coastal network of senior partners includes former editors, agency leads and “in-house” talent – each with at least 15 to 20 years of experience in agencies, corporate offices and newsrooms…or some combination of the three.
We are highly scalable, with the ability to ratchet up or down for your needs. Every account is led by Cogenta’s principal and has at minimum two team members. We can easily expand our team to grow with your business, whether it’s a ongoing core addition or support for a campaign or event. Our network approach allows us to find the right mix of talent on demand – whether it’s for your core program or a custom campaign.
Meet the Team
- Theresa Maloney
- Theresa has spent over 20 years in marketing and communications. Her experience includes working inside leading international agencies with blue chip clients, directing marketing for young startups, and over a decade running Cogenta Communications as the agency she would hire. Theresa began her “startup” career as the first employee at a boutique integrated marketing firm, where clients included the San Jose Sharks. She was also a charter member of Fleishman-Hillard’s San Francisco office before spending time in other leading agency groups.
Theresa’s clients have appeared in major outlets including Dow Jones, Reuters, Businessweek, TIME, Forbes, Fortune, The Economist, Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Boston Globe, Chicago Tribune, CNN, NPR, Bloomberg TV, USA Today, and U.S. News & World Report.
She has won two Compass Awards and one Silver Anvil, awarded by the Public Relations Society of America. Her research was published in the Journal of Popular Culture.
Connect with Theresa on Twitter @theresamaloney, via Skype theresalmaloney and LinkedIn.
- Valinda Accetta
- Valinda is a seasoned PR pro, bringing more than 25 years of corporate and international agency experience to the team. As a media relations expert, she has developed impactful media campaigns for B2B and B2C clients primarily in the technology, consumer electronics, telecommunications, financial services and health care industries including Toshiba, Yahoo!, Iomega, Symantec, Western Digital, IBM Enterprise Content Management, Epicor, KANA Software, and Cox Communications. Valinda’s clients have appeared major outlets such as the Wall Street Journal, Financial Times, Reuters, U.S. News & World Report, Businessweek and USA Today, among others. Her strategic insight earned her a coveted Silver Anvil Award for excellence in business communications awarded by the Public Relations Society of America.
Valinda joined Cogenta in 2011, and has worked on accounts that include eHealth and Quantance. Connect with Valinda on Twitter @ValindaAccetta or LinkedIn.
- Erin Bocherer
- Erin is a media relations pro, with 18 years of consumer, B2B and tech PR experience. With Cogenta since 2007, she’s worked with companies such as eHealth, Elance, WebMD, Elmer’s Products Inc., SBC, Egnyte and The Weather Channel . Erin has successfully pitched her clients, garnering a USA Today cover story, and features in publication such as Forbes and TechCrunch.
Connect with Erin on Twitter @ebocherer, via Skype Erin.Bocherer and on LinkedIn.
- Maria Krinsky Bradley
- Maria has been in the PR business for 19 years and developed a specialty in high tech media relations, both agency and client-side with Dell, Macromedia and Adobe. She has been working with Cogenta since 2013, and has supported accounts that include Engine Yard, Skorpios Technologies and Quantance. Throughout her career, she’s garnered her clients high-profile placements, in the likes of Businessweek, Forbes, CNBC.
Connect with Maria on Twitter @Krinskypr, Skype Maria_Krinsky or LinkedIn.
- Amy Berry Brockbank
- Amy brings more than 15 years of health care communications experience to the Cogenta team. Her expertise encompasses developing media and marketing programs on behalf of pharmaceutical, biotech, diagnostic and medical device companies, as well as individual physician and hospital practices. Recently, Amy has been working closely with education and healthcare non-profits to increase their presence with key audiences. With Cogenta, Amy focuses on strategically leveraging her health care acumen to provide industry experience, knowledge and feedback to clients and her team.
Connect with Amy on LinkedIn.
- Laurence Cruz
- Laurence brings more than 20 years of experience as a media pro to the Cogenta team, including several years as a reporter with The Associated Press in Seattle and as an environmental reporter in Oregon. A UK transplant, he has spent the last decade in Los Angeles as a freelance PR writer, visual storyteller and video field producer for tech clients in Silicon Valley and entertainment clients in the City of Angels. He has worked with clients of all sizes, including Cisco, EMC Greenplum, Intuit, Pivotal, Jetpack and the In-House Writer. More recently, he has teamed up with a group of fellow creatives to form a digital content incubator focused on brand films and transmedia storytelling. He has a B.A. in English from Oxford and an M.A. in Communications from Washington State University.
- Amy Fletcher Faircloth
- In her 17-year PR and journalism career, Amy has developed expertise in health care, public affairs and media relations. She has successfully had her clients featured on NPR and in publications like the Los Angeles Times and Boston Business Journal. Amy began working with the Cogenta team in 2010, with clients such as eHealth and TSI Semiconductors.
Connect with Amy on Twitter @fletchermedia or on LinkedIn.
- Glynis Gibson
- An award-winning communications professional, Glynis has nearly three decades of experience doing PR for numerous B2B and consumer companies. From sophisticated computer technology and fitness equipment to high-end sports flooring, Glynis’ experience spans a number of industries, and her diverse client portfolio includes leading companies such as CDW, The Chicago Blackhawks, DeVry University, Gateway, Life Fitness, Mondo, NEC, Toshiba, and Zenith Data Systems. Glynis’ media relations skills have enabled her to secure broad press coverage for her clients and to garner her nearly 50 press coverage awards. She began working with Cogenta in 2013, and has worked with clients like ThinkHR and Smug.
Glynis can be reached on Twitter @glynisgibson and on LinkedIn.
- Heidi Groshelle
- For 34 years, Heidi has been honing her PR expertise, scoring her clients top-tier media exposure in The Wall Street Journal, New York Times and USA Today. With Cogenta since 2003, she has worked with eHealth, CohesiveFT and Scality.
Connect with Heidi on Twitter @heidigro, via Skype heidigroshelle and on LinkedIn.
- Steve Kaufman
- Steve brings 15 years of media relations experience to the team, having worked with clients such as Symantec, McAfee, Hewlett-Packard, the Semiconductor Industry Association and more than a dozen venture capital firms based in Silicon Valley. He has expertise in health care, venture capital and, in general, startups of all stripes. His clients have been featured in stories in such media as The Wall Street Journal, Businessweek, Bloomberg News, the New York Times, the Associated Press and VentureBeat. Steve spent the first 20 years of his career as a business reporter, 14 of them at the San Jose Mercury News covering Silicon Valley technology, companies and personalities. Steve joined Cogenta in 2014.
Connect with Steve on Twitter @SteveKaufman or via LinkedIn.
- Kris Kraves
- Kris brings two decades of media relations experience to the team, having served clients such as Disney Consumer Products, Iomega, Symantec, Electronic Arts, Activision, Virgin Interactive, Duracell and many other consumer product companies. She joined Cogenta in 2008, and has worked with companies that include eHealth, CrowdStreet, LenovoEMC and Iomega. A pro in securing excellent media hits, Kris has had her clients featured in stories by the Associated Press, USA Today, Reuters and prominent blogs, such as engadget, BankRate’s retirement blog, The Frisky and Gizmodo.
Connect with Kris on Twitter @KrisKraves or via LinkedIn.
- Gail Norris
- Gail brings more than 20 years of experience, both as a journalist and PR professional, to the Cogenta team, where she focuses exclusively on writing and messaging. With Cogenta since 2007, Gail has developed strategic messaging for start-ups and established companies alike, and ghostwritten articles for clients that have appeared in Fortune, Forbes, GigaOM and many other publications.
Connect with Gail on Twitter @gailnorris or LinkedIn.